Superfood Breakfast Smoothie
This healthy smoothie leaves you filled, while making you feel better. The psyllium husks inside expand to leave you feeling full, and keep your digestive tract clean. The Ester-C boosts the immune system (and has a buffer that's easier on your stomach). Daphne's Tip: Freeze this smoothie and make ice pops!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain or flavored but avoid artificial sweeteners)
- 1 cup fresh fruit of your choosing
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 3 ester-c capsules 500 mg (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 cup ice (or frozen fruit and skip ice)
- Water and juice to blend for consistency
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy (Note: Of the 1 cup fruit, Daphne used 1/2 that cup with blueberries. It's your choice what to make that 1 cup consist of). If you have trouble blending, try adding a little water to thin the smoothie. Make sure to have at least two 8 oz glasses of water with each serving of smoothie to help the psyllium husks expand so they digest properly.
(Daphne's Tip: Freeze the smoothie to make ice pops)