This healthy smoothie leaves you filled, while making you feel better. The psyllium husks inside expand to leave you feeling full, and keep your digestive tract clean. The Ester-C boosts the immune system (and has a buffer that's easier on your stomach). Daphne's Tip: Freeze this smoothie and make ice pops!
Superfood Breakfast Smoothie
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain or flavored but avoid artificial sweeteners)
- 1 cup fresh fruit of your choosing
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 3 ester-c capsules 500 mg (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 cup ice (or frozen fruit and skip ice)
- Water and juice to blend for consistency
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy (Note: Of the 1 cup fruit, Daphne used 1/2 that cup with blueberries. It's your choice what to make that 1 cup consist of). If you have trouble blending, try adding a little water to thin the smoothie. Make sure to have at least two 8 oz glasses of water with each serving of smoothie to help the psyllium husks expand so they digest properly.
(Daphne's Tip: Freeze the smoothie to make ice pops)