Add a little international flavor to your dinner!
Daphne Oz Turkish Mashed Potatoes (Eggplant)
- 3-4 medium eggplants
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoon flour
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 - 1 cup hot milk
- grated nutmeg ( small amount)
- 1/4 - 1/2 pound grated Kasseri Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Poke holes in eggplants with a fork, and cook over hot coals or flames, close to heat source. Keep turning them so all four sides cook and turn dark brown and charred, and flesh inside becomes very soft.
- Hold top of eggplant with a towel, over a large bowl. Cut down the sides, and scoop out the inside, into the bowl. Remove any pieces of charred skin that may fall in.
- Mash the pulp and whip with wire whisk, as you add lemon juice. beat until it becomes light in color and broken down to a creamy consistency.
- Melt butter in pan and mix in flour. Slowly add half the milk and stir until thickened. add a small grating of nutmeg. Add the eggplant, and cheese and heat a few minutes, stirring. Add more milk it if appears too thick. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.