Daphne's warrior salad is filled with quinoa, a protein packed seed Inca warriors were known to eat before going into battle. Try this dish for your own protein punch!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked to package instructions)
- 3/4 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup scallions (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. For the dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup and mustard. Stir well.