Extra Virgin stars Debi Mazar and husband Chef Gabriele Corcos stopped by to share one of their favorite dishes!
Mozzarella in Carrozza
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Lb buffalo mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 8 slices of white bread (no whole grain)
- All purpose flour for dusting
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Slice mozzarella and lay it between two slices of bread. Slice them in half to obtain two triangles. You can also use cookie cutters for different shapes.
- Whip the eggs with the milk, season w salt and pepper.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a non stick pan.
- Dust the sandwiches in the flour, then dip it into the egg mix.
- Place into the pan and fry on both sides until golden and crisp on the outside. The mozzarella should be completely melted and be very "stringy" when the sandwich is eaten.