One bite won't be enough!
Antonia Lofaso's Deep-Fried Fluffer Nutter Sandwich
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 slices bread
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 banana (thinly sliced)
- 5 tablespoons cold marshmallow fluff
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Dash of salt
- In a 10-12-inch saute pan, heat the oil to 350 degrees F, verifying the temperature with a candy thermometer.
- While the oil heats, spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and top it with the banana.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff on the other slice of bread, and put your sandwich together. The marshmallow fluff should be very cold so it doesn't get too runny when fried.
- Put the flour, eggs, and panko in three separate bowls big enough for the sandwich.
- Dust the entire sandwich in flour. Dredge it in the eggs, and, with a dry hand, coat it in panko.
- Place the sandwich in the oil, and fry it for about 2 minutes, or until that side is golden brown. Use two forks to flip the sandwich, and fry the other side until it's golden brown, too.
- With a spatula, move the sandwich from the pan to plate. Sprinkle it with salt, slice it in half, and serve.