Drumettes are the fleshy pieces of a chicken's wing. Often fried, these small pieces of moist meat are the ideal size for a party appetizer.
Deep Fried Honey Glazed Wings
- For the Marinade:
- 2 dozen Drumettes
- 1 1/2 cups Soy Sauce
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced thinly)
- 1/3 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1- inch piece Ginger (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves (smashed)
For the Glaze:
- Olive Oil
- Flour (for dredging)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
For the Garnish:
- 3 Shallots (cut into 1/8-inch rings)
- Wondra (for dusting)
- 1/3 cup Scallions (sliced thinly; rings separated)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- For the Marinade: Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate at least 2 hours, and preferably overnight.
- Remove the drumettes from the marinade and discard the liquid. Pat dry. In a large heavy bottomed pot, fill with oil about three quarters full. Heat to 350 degrees F. Toss the drumettes in flour and then shake off the excess. Fry a handful of drumettes at a time, but do not over crowd the pot.
- Once the drumettes are golden brown and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt.
- For the Glaze: Once all the drumettes are fried, whisk together the glaze ingredients and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- For the Garnish: Then, separate the rings of the shallots and toss them in wondra flour. Shake off the excess then toss in the oil. Cook until light golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and season with salt.
- Toss the drumettes in the honey glaze and then garnish with the fresh scallions, cilantro, and fried shallots.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Chicken Wings BBQ Chicken Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks