Brioche French Toast
Mario Batali's Diner French Toast
- 8 slices Brioche Bread (1-inch thick)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Cinnamon
- pinch of Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- Maple Syrup (to garnish)
- Powdered Sugar (to garnish)
- Cinnamon (to garnish)
- Whipped Cream (to garnish)
- fresh Strawberries (to garnish)
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat. In a baking dish, whisk together the eggs, cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Dredge the brioche slices in the eggs mixture.
- Melt butter on the griddle. Once the bubbles subside, place the soaked brioche onto the heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the first side is light golden in color.
- Flip with a spatula and continue to cook on the second side for 2 to 3 more minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove from heat and garnish with the maple syrup, powdered sugar, cinnamon, whipped cream and strawberries.