Corned Beef Sandwich
Mario Batali's Diner Reuben
- 8 pieces sliced Rye Bread
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 pound sliced Corned Beef
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut
- 6 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Red Chili Flakes
- 8 tablespoons Russian Dressing
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 Strawberries (cut in half lengthwise to garnish)
- 4 Orange slices (to garnish)
- Preheat the griddle to medium-high heat. Lay half of the rye slices on a cutting board. Evenly spread the mayonnaise on the bread and sprinkle with the chili flakes.
- Divided the corned beef between the 4 slices dressed rye bread. Top with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
- Spread the Russian dressing on the one side of the remaining rye bread and place on top of the built sandwiches, dressing side down.
- Melt butter on the preheated griddle. Once the bubbles subside, place the sandwiches on the heat. Gently press down on each sandwich. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the first side is lightly golden brown.
- Flip sandwich with a spatula and cook on the remaining side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cut in half to serve with a slice of strawberry and orange.