This delicious dish is perfect for dinner tonight.
Dorm Room Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic (smashed)
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 bag Frozen Corn
- 2 Medium Zucchinis (sliced and diced)
- 16 ounce Can of Roasted Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cans Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Bottle Beer
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Cumin
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Oregano
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chopped avocado
- Fresh Lime
- Shredded Cheddar
- Sour Cream
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add onions, garlic, and sauté until translucent. Add the chicken.
- Add zucchini and corn and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and tomato juice.
- Then add salt, pepper, herbs and spices. Stir well. Add 2 chopped chipotle peppers and beans. Stir well.
- Add beer and vegetable stock until liquid covers all ingredients in the pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for a half-hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped avocado and fresh lime juice. Or sour cream.