Pulled pork....just what the doctor ordered.
Shaunya Hartley's Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- 1 2-3 Lb Pork Butt
- 4 Hamburger Rolls
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Can Dr. Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Wash and pat dry pork butt, place in a sealed bag. Add Dr. Pepper and bay leaf, let sit for 8 hours or over night.
- Preheat over to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients. Take pork butt out of brine mixture. Cut 1-2 pockets, insert garlic clove. Pat butt down and remove excess liquid, heavily apply the dry mixture to cover pork butt. Place butt fatty side up and place in oven. Cook until the internal temperature is 200 degrees, about 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let sit for 20 minutes. Pork should fall off bone, pull pork until shredded. Place on hamburger bun and season or sauce as desired.