This Dutch pancake isn't only tasty it's also simple. Try it for yourself.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup milk (warm)
- 2 Egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- pinch salt
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 4 tablespoon butter
- maple syrup for topping
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- Place 4 tablespoons butter in 10 inch skillet. Melt butter in skillet by placing in the oven for 2 minutes.
- To bring eggs to room temperature, fill a bowl with warm water and allow eggs to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk milk and eggs together in a bowl. Combine flour, salt, and zest in a separate bowl. Whisk dry ingredients into wet until smooth.
- Remove skillet from oven and pour in batter. Place back in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Top with maple syrup and serve immediately.
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers