Forget fried or scrambled -- baked eggs yield the ideal consistency -- and size -- for a breakfast sandwich.
- step-by-step directions
- 4 large or extra large Eggs
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- thinly sliced Ham or Canadian Bacon
- Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 4 English Muffins (split)
- 4 slices American or Cheddar Cheese
- your favorite Hot Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Preheat griddle over medium-high heat.
- Spray 4 ramekins with cooking spray and place them on a baking sheet. Crack one egg each in to each ramekin then pierce the yolk with a fork a few times. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. This cooking time will give you a well done egg.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast your English muffins until golden brown. After they are toasted, place the cheese on the top half and set aside.
- While all of this is cooking, drizzle a few tablespoons of oil on griddle and fry the pieces of ham or Canadian bacon until crisp.
- When the eggs are ready, remove them from the ramekin with an offset spatula on to the bottom half of the English muffin. Top with a piece of ham or canadian bacon, add some of your favorite hot sauce and top with the other half of the English muffin.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad