Sweet Potato Pie with Eggnog and Brandy
Tasha Smith's Eggnog Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds Red Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- 3/4 cup Eggnog
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 5 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 ounce Brandy
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Premade Pie Dough
For the Brandy Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Brandy
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a pie dish with the pie dough and crimp edges. Place sweet potatoes in a stock pot and cover with water by at least 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until very tender. Drain and allow to cool before handling. Peel and discard skins.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and break up and mash using a spoon. Begin adding the remaining ingredients, mixing as you add until well combined. Use either a very stiff whisk or an immersion blender to create a very smooth batter. Adjust to taste.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pie crust and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled place in the fridge and chill. Pie can be made a few days in advance and kept covered in the fridge. Serve with ice cream, caramel sauce, or Brandy Whipped Cream.
- For the Brandy Whipped Cream: Whip cream and sugar to a soft to medium peak, and then add the brandy, whipping to a medium peak. Serve immediately.
Similar categories: Desserts