It is said that Eggs Benedict originated at Delmonico's. Treat yourself to the restaurant's classic brunch fare in the comfort of your own home.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- dash Tobasco Sauce
- dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Clarified Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 ounce Osetra Caviar
- For the Eggs Benedict:
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto Cotto (thinly sliced; cut into rounds the same size as the brioche)
- 12 3/4- inch thick slices of Brioche (cut into rounds)
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 12 Poached Eggs
- Hollandaise Sauce
- For the Hollandaise Sauce: Whisk egg yolks, lemon juice, Tobasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce in a stainless steel bowl over a double boiler of lightly simmering water until the eggs have doubled in volume. Slowly drizzle in clarified butter while continuing to whisk vigorously until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper and keep in warm place until ready for use. If the sauce thickens add a few drops of water.
- For the Eggs Benedict: In a medium nonstick skillet lightly brown prosciutto cotto rounds and keep warm.
- Lightly brush brioche rounds with room temperature butter. Toast until golden brown on both sides.
- Fill a 10-inch skillet half full with water, add 1/4 cup white vinegar, and bring to a slow boil and reduce to a low simmer. Slowly break the eggs, one at a time into water and cook until egg white has set, about 3 minutes Remove eggs with slotted spoon and drain.
- Place warm toasted brioche rounds on plate, top with prosciutto cotto, place poached eggs on prosciutto and top with hollandaise sauce. Garnish with Osetra caviar.
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde