Show your mom that you really care this Mother's Day with this light and fresh dish from Mario Batali.
Eggs with Spring Vegetable Salad
- 1/4 pound Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/4 pound Asparagus (trimmed)
- 1/4 pound English Peas (shelled)
- 1 bunch Mint leaves (torn)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 radishes (thinly sliced)
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath.
- Blanch each of the vegetables separately, dropping into the boiling water for about 2 minutes or until vegetables are bright and slightly tender, then immediately straining from the boiling water and transferring to an ice bath to stop the cooking process, and then setting aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once at a boil, drop the eggs in, and time 4 minutes. Drain the water, and peel the eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, then add the olive in a thin stream, whisking until incorporated.
- Toss the vegetables in the vinaigrette and add mint. Plate on four dishes and serve each with a 4 minute egg. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.