Michael Symon's Elvis Biscuits
- 4 ounces Lard (Cubed; Plus 2 tablespoons melted)
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400º. Brush a baking sheet with the 2 tablespoons melted lard.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the cubed lard and blend the mixture by hand, crushing it between your fingertips, as if you were making pie dough. Continue mixing while adding the buttermilk. Make sure not to overwork the dough.
- Drop the biscuits with a spoon onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each one. You should have 12 biscuits, each about the size of a peach. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.