English Muffin Pizzas
Dig into these fun pizzas!
- step-by-step directions
English Muffin Pizzas
- For the Poolish:
- 3 .5 full ounces water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon yeast
For the English Muffins:
- 2 cup water (divided)
- 4 cup All Purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup clarified butter (or ghee)
For the Pepperoni Pizza:
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (with grated zucchini sauteed into it)
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- 6 Pieces sliced pepperoni
- 4 Leaves tiny basil leaves or chiffonade basil
For the Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza:
- 3 tablespoons fresh spreadable goats cheese
- 2 tablespoons caramelized onions
- 2 tablespoons black olive slices
For the Ricotta and Fig Pizza:
- 3 tablespoons spreadable fresh ricotta
- 3 Ripe figs or 1/4 peach
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 Tiny mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for drizzle
- 2 teaspoons honey for drizzle
For the Pizza Sauce:
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 Zucchini (grated)
- Basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 Yellow onion (diced)
- For the Poolish: Mix the dough in a medium sized bowl. Let both rise in a cool place for a few hours
- For the English Muffins: Mix 3/4 cup of the Poolish dough with 1 cup of water.
- Place the 4 cups of AP flour and the salt in a large bowl and mix in the Poolish liquid. Work together, kneading, until the dough feels elastic, about 7-10 minutes. Cover and let rise overnight.
- Punch out air in the morning and fold the corners of the dough into itself. Flip over. Let sit for one hour.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and place on a cutting board sprinkled with semolina. Roll out into 1/4 thickness and punch with cookie cutters (about 3 inches in diameter).
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Brush the griddle with clarified butter and cook the dough until golden brown. Flip and cook again until both sides are golden brown. Slice open and toast, if desired.
- For the Pizza Sauce: In a large saute pan sweat garlic, onion and zucchini in olive oil over medium heat. Add chili flakes and oregano. Add tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes. Finish with basil leaves.
- For the Pepperoni Pizza: Top the muffin with sauce and all other ingredients and bake at 350 degrees F until the cheese is melted.
- For the Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza: Top the muffin with all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees F until the cheese is melted.
- For the Ricotta and Fig Pizza: Top the muffin with all ingredients and serve.
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie