Simple Round Roast
Michael Symon's Eye of Round Roast
- 1 4 pound Eye Round Roast (or Rump Roast or Prime Rib)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic cloves (unpeeled; smashed)
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- Liberally season the eye round roast with salt and pepper and refrigerate overnight.
- An hour before cooking, remove the roast form the refrigerator to allow to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Rub the roast with olive oil and drizzle olive oil in the bottom of the roasting pan. Add the garlic and rosemary to the pan and place the roast on top. Cook for 30 minutes and then baste the roast with any pan drippings.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and cook until the meat is medium-rare (an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees F), about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Keep basting the roast every 30 minutes until it is done. Keep in mind that the roast will continue to cook while resting.
- Remove the roast from the oven and put it on a cutting board to rest, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Slice the roast to the desired thickness and serve.