Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Clinton Kelly's Fall Roasted Chicken
- 40 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 bunch Parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 whole Chicken
- Salt andfreshly cracked Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- 1 Parsnips (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- 2 Celery Ribs (roughly chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup White Wine
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Muddle together 5 cloves of garlic, parsley, cinnamon, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil to form a paste. Loosen the skin of the chicken and rub the paste under the skin of the thighs and breast. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the remaining garlic and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables in a large cast iron pan or rimmed baking dish. Place seasoned chicken on top of vegetables. Transfer the pan to the oven and allow to roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted into the thigh.
- Remove pan from the oven and transfer the chicken to a cutting board to rest. Using a slotted spoon remove vegetables to a serving platter. If using a cast iron pan to roast, place the pan on the stove over medium heat. If using a baking pan pour juices into a sauté pan and heat over medium.
- Deglaze the pan with some white wine and whisk in the butter to create a sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cut up chicken and plate over roasted vegetables. Drizzle with sauce to serve.
Similar categories: Dinner