Three Cheese Sandwich
Mario's Makeover: Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- For the Sandwiches:
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Jack Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise cup 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise grated Parmigiano Cheese 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme (divided)
- 10 slices Rustic Sliced Bread or Sandwich Bread
For the Batter:
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- For the Sandwiches: In a medium bowl stir together the cheddar, the jack, the Parmigiano, the 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme till evenly mixed. Divide the cheese and Hellmann’s® mixture among 5 slices of bread and gently spread to cover evenly to the very edges. Place the 5 remaining slices of bread on top to form sandwiches and press gently but firmly.
- For the Batter: In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, the milk, the 1/2 cup Hellmann’s®, remaining thyme, and salt and mix until smooth and set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture one by one to coat, and set aside till pan is hot. In a 12- to 14-inch nonstick sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook until the sizzling subsides. Place 2 sandwiches in the pan and cook slowly until golden brown on the first side, about 3 minutes, then flip each sandwich and cook on the other side for 3 more minutes.
- Remove sandwiches and place on cookie sheet in a warm oven. Repeat the process with the remaining oil, butter, and sandwiches. Leave sandwiches in oven 10 minutes and then serve.