A fresh summer salad!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Salad:
- 1 Head romaine lettuce (chopped into medium bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 Long English cucumber (cut into quarters length-wise, then cut into bite-size pieces)
- 4 Small radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 Medium tomatoes (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 Scallions or green onions (diced)
- 1 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint
For the Dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 Small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Fried pita bread
- For the Salad: Assemble all the salad ingredients in a big bowl.
- For the Dressing: Mix all ingredients. Pour dressing over and toss well. Sprinkle the top with the fried pita bread.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Dinner Lunch Lunch Salads Quick & Easy Lunches Cuisine Vegetarian Other Salads