Mario Batali's Fennel Pomegranate Crostini
- 1 Baguette (sliced into thin crostini)
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons (juiced and zested)
- 1 teaspoon Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced)
- 1 bulb Fennel (shaved paper thin)
- 2 ounces Pecorino Pepato (shaved or grated)
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- Toast the crostini on a sheet tray in a 400 degree F oven until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub each crostini with garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, hot red pepper flakes, jalapeno, fennel, pecorino, and pomegranate and toss everything to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mound on the crostini and serve.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks