A simple preparation of melted butter and cheese delivers intense flavor.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds dried fettuccine
- 1 stick butter (unsalted)
- 1 large shallot (finely minced)
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated; plus more for garnish)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (chopped; plus more for garnish)
- Olive Oil
- kosher salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta one minute less than the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place a large saute pan over medium heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Add the shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just tender. Add the butter and swirl it in the pan to melt. Add the parsley.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the water, and add it to the pan. Add about 1/4 cup of pasta water to the pasta and add the Parmesan and toss to combine, cooking for about 1 minute more. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Plate and garnish with more cheese and more parsley. Serve immediately.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Aggressively season the pasta water; the water will become part of the sauce.
2. Add the pasta water to the pan to stop the shallots from cooking.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw