A fresh pasta dinner!
Fabio Viviani's Fettucini with Roasted Lemon, Tomato and Parmesan
- For the Homemade Fettucini:
- 4 Large Eggs
- 12-14 heaping soup spoonfuls of flour (plus more if needed)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 Lemon (sliced)
- 3 cups Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (shaved)
- 1 ladle chicken stock
- For the Homemade Fettucini: Combine eggs and olive oil in food processor. Add flour, salt and pepper and pulse until dough forms a ball that is firm enough to the touch that it no longer sticks to your finger. Add more flour if necessary.
- Using a pasta roller (or mixer attachment) pass the pasta through until it reaches the desired thickness. Then, pass through fettucini attachment or cut into ribbons with a knife.
- Cook in salted boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- For the Sauce: Heat olive oil in skillet and toss in cherry tomatoes until blistered.
- In separate skillet, sear lemon slices until caramelized on both sides. Add lemon slices to tomatoes and toss to combine. Add a ladle of chicken stock to complete sauce, then add cooked pasta. Crush basil and add, sautéing for a moment more.
- Top with shaved parmesan.