Impress the guests at your next party with a dessert-ed island they will never want to be rescued from!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Meringue:
- 6 Egg Whites (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
For the Creme Anglais:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and scraped)
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- For the Meringue: Bring a pot of water to a simmer.
- With a whisk attachment of a standing mixer, whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt until frothy on medium speed.
- Mix the corn starch and sugar. Pour in half the sugar mixture while continuing to whisk the egg whites, about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer on high, gradually pour in the remaining sugar mixture and mix until the whites are stiff, thick and shiny, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and vanilla extract; mix in until completely incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate with a rubber spatula.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of batter into the water and cook until set, about 2 minutes. Remove from pot and blot on a paper towel.
- For the Creme Anglais: Heat cream, milk and scraped vanilla bean in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar until pale and lightened.
- When cream mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat and slowly whisk a third of the cream into the yolks.
- Pour yolk mixture into the saucepan with remaining cream and return to heat.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool completely.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad