Warm Chocolate Cake
Clinton Kelly's Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 6 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate (chopped)
- 8 tablespoons Butter (plus more for greasing)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Vanilla Ice Cream (to serve)
- Powdered Sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch spring form pan with butter. Line the bottom of pan with a parchment circle and butter the paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave or over double boiler. Add the cocoa powder and salt and stir to combine. Beat together the eggs and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes until pale yellow and the mixture has reached the ribbon stage. Whisk the chocolate mixture into the eggs until only a few streaks are visible. Pour into the prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven to bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove to a cooling rack and allow to sit for 10 minutes before releasing form the pan. Serve with ice cream and garnish with powdered sugar.
Similar categories: Desserts