Learn how to make this delicious cornbread!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned cream style corn
- 1/2 cup canola oil (plus 2 tablespoons, divided)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven until very hot.
- In a medium bowl, add the cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, creamed corn and 1/2 cup oil, and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the hot skillet, then add the batter.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool before serving.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Bread & Pastry Appetizers Other Side Dishes Southern Cuisine
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers