Learn how to make this delicious cornbread!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned cream style corn
- 1/2 cup canola oil (plus 2 tablespoons, divided)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven until very hot.
- In a medium bowl, add the cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, creamed corn and 1/2 cup oil, and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the hot skillet, then add the batter.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool before serving.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Bread & Pastry Appetizers Other Side Dishes Southern Cuisine
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper