Learn how to make this delicious cornbread!
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned cream style corn
- 1/2 cup canola oil (plus 2 tablespoons, divided)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven until very hot.
- In a medium bowl, add the cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, creamed corn and 1/2 cup oil, and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the hot skillet, then add the batter.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool before serving.