Carla Hall's Flourless Cornbread
- 2 cups Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup canned Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup canned Cream Style Corn
- Preheat oven to 425° Place 9-inch cast iron skillet in oven. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour about 2 tablespoons additional oil into hot skillet or spray muffin tin, and then pour batter into skillet/muffin tin. Pan should be hot enough so the batter will begin to cook immediately around the edges.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. If baking in muffin tin, bake for 15 to 20 minutes.