Learn how to make this delicious cornbread!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned cream style corn
- 1/2 cup canola oil (plus 2 tablespoons, divided)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven until very hot.
- In a medium bowl, add the cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, creamed corn and 1/2 cup oil, and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the hot skillet, then add the batter.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool before serving.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Bread & Pastry Appetizers Other Side Dishes Southern Cuisine
rate this recipe
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Orange Beer Spritz
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Toasted Almond Bons