This dish is simple delicious and doesn't take hours to prepare.
Fresh Rigatoni with Chorizo
- 1 pound rigatoni (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 28- ounce can chopped San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh chorizo (removed from casing and crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 4 ounces dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup grated Manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. If using dried pasta, add it the water and then move on to preparing the sauce. Stir the pasta occasionally so it doesn't stick together.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the chorizo and let it brown for 2-3 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Move the chorizo to one side of the pan and add the onions, with a pinch of salt, and cook for about 1 minute. If using fresh pasta, add it to boiling water now (as it will only take 3-4 minutes to cook). Deglaze the pan with the wine, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to get up all the tasty bits. Reduce the wine by half. This will take less than a minute.
- Next, add the tomatoes and bring up to a simmer. Check for seasoning, adding more salt if necessary. Add the pasta and toss to coat the noodles. Remove from the heat and mix in parsley, extra virgin olive oil and manchego. Serve, garnishing with more cheese if desired.