Get a taste of the South with Carla's fried chicken!
- step-by-step directions
- Dry Rub:
- 1 tablepsoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 small Organic Chicken (broken down into 10 pieces)
- To Fry:
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Water
- Flour (to batter)
- Peanut Oil (to fry)
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Combine the spice mixture and chicken pieces in a plastic zip bag and toss to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat 1/2-inch of Peanut Oil in a cast iron skillet to 360F.
- Lightly beat the eggs and combine with the buttermilk and water in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, add the flour, cornstarch and then season with salt and pepper. Dip each piece into the buttermilk mixture and then coat in flour. Fry pieces until golden brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain excess oil, then serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Fried Chicken Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Lunch Cuisine Southern
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami