Get a taste of the South with Carla's fried chicken!
- step-by-step directions
- Dry Rub:
- 1 tablepsoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 small Organic Chicken (broken down into 10 pieces)
- To Fry:
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Water
- Flour (to batter)
- Peanut Oil (to fry)
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Combine the spice mixture and chicken pieces in a plastic zip bag and toss to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat 1/2-inch of Peanut Oil in a cast iron skillet to 360F.
- Lightly beat the eggs and combine with the buttermilk and water in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, add the flour, cornstarch and then season with salt and pepper. Dip each piece into the buttermilk mixture and then coat in flour. Fry pieces until golden brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain excess oil, then serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Fried Chicken Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Lunch Cuisine Southern
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad