Get a taste of the South with Carla's fried chicken!
- step-by-step directions
- Dry Rub:
- 1 tablepsoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 small Organic Chicken (broken down into 10 pieces)
- To Fry:
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Water
- Flour (to batter)
- Peanut Oil (to fry)
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Combine the spice mixture and chicken pieces in a plastic zip bag and toss to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat 1/2-inch of Peanut Oil in a cast iron skillet to 360F.
- Lightly beat the eggs and combine with the buttermilk and water in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, add the flour, cornstarch and then season with salt and pepper. Dip each piece into the buttermilk mixture and then coat in flour. Fry pieces until golden brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain excess oil, then serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Fried Chicken Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Lunch Cuisine Southern
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber