An American classic!
David Swett's Fried Chicken
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 cups of Vegetable Oil
For the Seasoned Flour:
- 32 ounces All-Purpose Flour (about 4 cups)
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoon garlic
For the Chicken Wash:
- 32 ounces Water (about 4 cups)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic
- For the Chicken Wash: Create chicken wash in a large mixing bowl adding eggs, black pepper, salt, garlic, and water. Mix ingredients until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Place pieces of chicken in the wash and let it soak for 20 mins.
- For the Seasoned Flour: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic.
- Place pieces of chicken in the bowl and coat evenly on each side. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken over medium- high heat until all of the pieces have been browned on both sides (approx. 10 mins on each side). Turn the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the lid, and increase heat to medium-high. Continue frying until chicken pieces are a deep golden brown, and the juices run clear.