Your favorite comfort food just healthier!
Melissa Joan Hart's "Fried" Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Blueberry Arugula Salad
- For the Fried Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
For the Mashed Potatoes:
- 6 russet potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
For the Blueberry Arugula Salad:
- 1 box arugula
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 hunk feta
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the Fried Chicken: Place eggs in a dish and whisk. Put breadcrumbs in a separate dish and season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts into egg then in breadcrumbs. Heat a large saute pan or griddle. Fry both sides of chicken until golden brown and cooked through.
- For the Mashed Potatoes: Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, cut in half and place in pot filled with water. Bring to a boil and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Strain and place hot potatoes in a bowl. With a hand mixer, mash potatoes. Add the cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Blueberry Arugula Salad: In a large bowl place place arugula, blueberries, tomatoes, and feta. In a small bowl, whisk honey, dijon, and red wine vinegar. Slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream creating a yummy dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve all together and enjoy.