It's Carla to the rescue by jazzing up some overcooked green beans into this tasty treat.
Fried Green Beans
- 1 lb.Green Beans (cooked or overcooked)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Buttermilk (regular milk can be substituted)
- 1 egg
- Peanut or Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- To a dutch oven, add 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat to 350°F.
- In a shallow dish, combine all dry ingredients.
- In another shallow dish combine buttermilk and whisk in 1 egg.
- Dredge green beans in dry mixture, then wet mixture, then back to the dry mixture.
- Place into hot oil, fry until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel lined baking sheet (helps from the green beans getting soggy)
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, and salt to taste.
- Serve the beans with the creamy dipping sauce.