Who would have thought that fried grits and ice cream would be a great combination?
Fried Grits with Ice Cream and Warm Marmalade
- 2 cups Leftover Grits
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (to fry)
- 3 tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
- 3 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup Your Favorite Store Bought Marmalade
- Place leftover grits into a casserole dish and refrigerate until grits are firm and set.
- Preheat oil to 360F. Cut the grits into 1-inch by 1-inch squares, and carefully drop in the oil and fry until crisped. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. While still warm, sprinkle generously with confectioners sugar.
- Meanwhile, warm your favorite marmalade in a small saucepot until heated through, being careful not to burn. You can add a little water if necessary to thin out the consistency.
- To serve, scoop vanilla ice cream over the squares of fried grits, and drizzle marmalade over top.
- NOTE: Grits can be substituted with polenta or cream of wheat.