Fried Pork Club
The ultimate club sandwich comes together with tender pork, bacon, garlic aioli, and oven dried tomatoes.
- step-by-step directions
Fried Pork Club
- 2 pounds Center Cut Pork Loin (cut into 8 pieces and pounded to 1/4-inch-thick pieces)
- 1 quart Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 pound thick sliced Bacon
- 1 cup picked Basil Leaves
- 12 pieces White Bread (toasted)
- 1 recipe Garlic Aioli (recipe follows)
- 1 recipe Oven Dried Tomatoes (recipe follows)
For the Garlic Aioli:
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- Hot Sauce (optional)
For the Oven Dried Tomatoes:
- 12 Roma Tomatoes (sliced lengthwise 1/2-inch thick)
- 3 cloves Garlic (peeled and smashed)
- small bunch Thyme
- small bunch Oregano
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lay out the
- in a single layer on a sheet tray and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to blot and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, pour in about an inch of vegetable oil and let it get hot.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and hot sauce. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour with the chipotle powder, paprika and garlic powder. Season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides, then dip the pieces in the buttermilk, followed by the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Pan fry the pork, a few at a time, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel then continue frying the pork in batches, not over crowding the pan. When all of the pork is fried, assemble the sandwiches.
- To assemble the Sandwiches: Spread 3 pieces of the toasted white bread with the garlic aioli. Place 1 piece of bacon, broken in half on one piece of bread, followed by a few basil leaves and a few tomatoes. Top with one piece of pork. Add the second piece of bread on top, followed by another piece of bacon broken in half, a few basil leaves, a few tomato pieces and another piece of pork. Place the remaining piece of bread on top, aioli side down. Slice the sandwich with a serrated knife in to 4 triangles. Repeat the assembly process for the remaining 3 sandwiches.
- For the Garlic Aioli: Whisk together the garlic, egg yolks and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in the olive oil in a thin stream until the mixture thickens to a mayonnaise like consistency. If desired, stir in hot sauce to taste. Season the aioli with salt and pepper then refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Oven Dried Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Place the tomatoes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle some olive oil over them, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper, and toss in the garlic, thyme and oregano. Lay out the tomatoes on a parchment lined baking tray or a roasting rack set over a baking tray, including the garlic and herbs, and place in the oven for about 3 hours or until dried out but still a little juicy in the center.
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal