Dress up classic greens with a touch of candied bacon and delicately poached eggs.
Frisee Salad with Candied Bacon
- 2 large heads Frisee Lettuce (bitter green leaves removed)
- 4 poached Eggs
- 4 pieces of candied Bacon (crumbled)
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut the root end off the frisee and separate the leaves. Add them to a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the shallot, vinegar, and oil in another bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette.
- Plate the lettuce with a poached egg and the candied bacon. Garnish with chives.