A delicious way to get your veggies!
- step-by-step directions
- 6 round young artichokes (trimmed and stalks peeled)
- 1 liter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1/4 pound broccoli (sliced)
- 1/4 pound zucchini (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- cornstarch for dredging
- Hold the artichokes in acidulated water after slicing, to keep from discoloring.
- In a heavy-bottomed, tall-sided pot, heat the oil to 375degrees F.
- Dredge vegetables in cornstarch and a generous pinch of salt. (This should be done in batches with your choice of mixed vegetables).
- Transfer vegetables to oil and fry until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a towel or paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dinner Vegetarian Cuisine Italian Other Side Dishes
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie