A delicious way to get your veggies!
- step-by-step directions
- 6 round young artichokes (trimmed and stalks peeled)
- 1 liter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1/4 pound broccoli (sliced)
- 1/4 pound zucchini (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- cornstarch for dredging
- Hold the artichokes in acidulated water after slicing, to keep from discoloring.
- In a heavy-bottomed, tall-sided pot, heat the oil to 375degrees F.
- Dredge vegetables in cornstarch and a generous pinch of salt. (This should be done in batches with your choice of mixed vegetables).
- Transfer vegetables to oil and fry until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a towel or paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dinner Vegetarian Cuisine Italian Other Side Dishes
Calaloo: Crab and Coconut Spinach Stew
Cassava in Coconut Sauce (Mahogo Wa Nazi)
Carbonara with Pecorino Frico
Fried Salami and Fontina Frittata
Sparkling Ice Black Raspberry "Faux-jito"
Mini Bean Tostadas with Marinated Vegetable Skewers
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Blood Orange Salad