A delicious way to get your veggies!
- step-by-step directions
- 6 round young artichokes (trimmed and stalks peeled)
- 1 liter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1/4 pound broccoli (sliced)
- 1/4 pound zucchini (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- cornstarch for dredging
- Hold the artichokes in acidulated water after slicing, to keep from discoloring.
- In a heavy-bottomed, tall-sided pot, heat the oil to 375degrees F.
- Dredge vegetables in cornstarch and a generous pinch of salt. (This should be done in batches with your choice of mixed vegetables).
- Transfer vegetables to oil and fry until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a towel or paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dinner Vegetarian Cuisine Italian Other Side Dishes
Herbed Asparagus Frittata with Pea Shoot Salad
Pea Pesto Pasta
Striped Bass with Endive and Spring Onions
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Poule au Pot
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables
Peas and Carrots with Polenta
Asparagus & Cheese Tart
Spinach & Artichoke Puffs
Roast Chicken with Lemon-Sage Pan Sauce