A delicious way to get your veggies!
- step-by-step directions
- 6 round young artichokes (trimmed and stalks peeled)
- 1 liter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1/4 pound broccoli (sliced)
- 1/4 pound zucchini (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1/4 pound yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- cornstarch for dredging
- Hold the artichokes in acidulated water after slicing, to keep from discoloring.
- In a heavy-bottomed, tall-sided pot, heat the oil to 375degrees F.
- Dredge vegetables in cornstarch and a generous pinch of salt. (This should be done in batches with your choice of mixed vegetables).
- Transfer vegetables to oil and fry until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a towel or paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dinner Vegetarian Cuisine Italian Other Side Dishes
Pap's Turkey and Dumpling Soup
Ombre Potato and Root Vegetable Gratin
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie
Simple Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Turkey Pot Pie
Crispy and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus