This great sandwich is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Frittata Sandwich:
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 6 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil plus more for the bread
- 1/3 cup Spring Onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese plus a block to shave onto sandwiches (grated)
- 1 bunch Asparagus (blanched and cut into coins)
- 1 Baguette
- Salt and Pepper
For the Asparagus Salad:
- 1/2 cup shaved asparagus
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- 12 pancetta slices/wheels
- For the Frittata Sandwich: Preheat oven to 325F.
- Beat together the milk and the eggs.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the butter and olive oil, and sweat the spring onions and asparagus until soft. Turn down the heat to medium-low. Add the eggs and cook until set around the edges, about 4-5 minutes. This should be a thin frittata. Add the cheese, a pinch of a salt and pepper and stir in. Transfer to the oven and cook until just set, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the baguette through the equator, and then into 6-inch-long sections. Brush the inside of the pieces with olive oil.
- On a grillpan preheated to medium-high, grill the brushed pieces of baguette until toasted and golden. Shave parmesan over the still warm baguette.
- For the Asparagus Salad: Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Flip the finished frittata out of the pan and onto a cutting board and cut into slices. Place on top of the shaved parmesan on the baguette and sandwich. Top with some of the asparagus salad, a couple sliced of pancetta and the top of the baguette.