This great sandwich is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Frittata Sandwich:
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 6 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil plus more for the bread
- 1/3 cup Spring Onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese plus a block to shave onto sandwiches (grated)
- 1 bunch Asparagus (blanched and cut into coins)
- 1 Baguette
- Salt and Pepper
For the Asparagus Salad:
- 1/2 cup shaved asparagus
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- 12 pancetta slices/wheels
- For the Frittata Sandwich: Preheat oven to 325F.
- Beat together the milk and the eggs.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the butter and olive oil, and sweat the spring onions and asparagus until soft. Turn down the heat to medium-low. Add the eggs and cook until set around the edges, about 4-5 minutes. This should be a thin frittata. Add the cheese, a pinch of a salt and pepper and stir in. Transfer to the oven and cook until just set, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the baguette through the equator, and then into 6-inch-long sections. Brush the inside of the pieces with olive oil.
- On a grillpan preheated to medium-high, grill the brushed pieces of baguette until toasted and golden. Shave parmesan over the still warm baguette.
- For the Asparagus Salad: Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Flip the finished frittata out of the pan and onto a cutting board and cut into slices. Place on top of the shaved parmesan on the baguette and sandwich. Top with some of the asparagus salad, a couple sliced of pancetta and the top of the baguette.
Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter and Sage
BBQ Pork Dumplings
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with Shaved Carrot Salad
Kandi's Creamed Corn
Classic German Chocolate Cake
Almond Braised Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
Halibut en Papillotte
Cookies and Cream Sweetheart
Linguine with White Clam Sauce