Cool off with this sweet treat!
Frozen Key Lime Cake
- For the Cake:
- 2 cups Graham Crackers (crushed into crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cups Lime Sherbet
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- For the Candied Lime Wheels:
- 4 Key Limes (cut into wheels)
- 1 cup Sugar plus more to dust
- 1 cup Water
- For the Cake: Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine the graham crackers and butter. Press crust into bottom of a lightly oiled spring form pan. Bake just to set, about 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Allow the sherbet to slightly soften, then spread into crust in an even layer. Place cake into freezer to re-freeze the sherbet.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the heavy cream, mascarpone, lime juice and zest and sugar until peaks form. Spread the mascarpone-whipped cream over the firm sherbet layer, and garnish the cake with candied limes. Slice and serve.
- For the Candied Lime Wheels: Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepot, bring to a simmer and stir to melt the sugar completely. Add the limes wheels and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer limes wheels to a parchment lined sheet tray and dust with granulated sugar. Allow to dry overnight.