Made with teff flour, these guilt-free brownies are higher in protein than a batch made with wheat.
- 1/2 cup Safflower Oil (or other vegetable oil for non diabetic recipes)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Chocolate (chopped)
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Teff Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1/3 cup chopped Hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch square cake pan with parchment and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in oil in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar, vanilla and eggs until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder and salt. Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is no longer giggly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes. Lift parchment out and allow the brownies to cool completely. Store in the fridge for up to a week. Cut and serve.