This boardwalk treat is so good you'll want to make it all the time.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil to fry
- Powdered Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Candied Bacon
- Preheat 1 inch of oil to 360F.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients, and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until completely smooth. Scrape this mixture into a funnel or large pastry bag.
- Very carefully squeeze mixture into the hot oil, creating a "cake" of scribbles. Once it is golden brown and set on the first side, carefully flip the cake over, until the second side is golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Sprinkle with desired toppings, while hot.
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Buttermilk Roasted Chicken with Baby Arugula Salad
Strawberry Raspberry "Napoleons"
Lightened Up Turkey Patty Melt