This boardwalk treat is so good you'll want to make it all the time.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil to fry
- Powdered Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Candied Bacon
- Preheat 1 inch of oil to 360F.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients, and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until completely smooth. Scrape this mixture into a funnel or large pastry bag.
- Very carefully squeeze mixture into the hot oil, creating a "cake" of scribbles. Once it is golden brown and set on the first side, carefully flip the cake over, until the second side is golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Sprinkle with desired toppings, while hot.
Energy Date Balls
Almond Banana Bread
Carrot Ginger Soup
Shrimp and Plantains in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Leftover Salmon Pumpernickel Toast
Mini Cherry Pies with Red Plum Jam
Indian Spiced Meatballs with Coconut Dipping Sauce
Baked Salmon with Cranberry Almond Salad
Soft Polenta with Mushrooms and Fontina Fonduta
Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta