This boardwalk treat is so good you'll want to make it all the time.
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil to fry
- Powdered Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Candied Bacon
- Preheat 1 inch of oil to 360F.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients, and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until completely smooth. Scrape this mixture into a funnel or large pastry bag.
- Very carefully squeeze mixture into the hot oil, creating a "cake" of scribbles. Once it is golden brown and set on the first side, carefully flip the cake over, until the second side is golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Sprinkle with desired toppings, while hot.