This is tasty and good for you. Enjoy it tonight.
Fusilli with Sausage
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Red Onion (Chopped into 1/2" dice)
- 1 pound Italian Sausage with fennel seeds (casings removed and meat crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cups Basic Tomato Sauce
- 1 Bunch (8 ounce) Dinosaur Kale (sliced into 1/4" wide ribbons)
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 1/2 pounds Fusilli Corti
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (leaves only)
- Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil in a large pasta pot.
- In a 14" sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup of the oil over medium heat. Add the crumbled sausage and cook until no pink remains, 10-12 mins. Add the onions and garlic and cook until just softened, 5-7 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, rosemary and the kale. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Set the pan aside.
- Add the salt to the boiling water. Drop the fusilli into the water and cook for 1 minute less than the package instructions indicate. Just before the pasta is done, carefully ladle 1/2 cup of the cooking water into the pan containing the kale.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and immediately add it to the sausage kale mixture. Toss over medium heat for about 30 seconds, until the pasta is nicely coated. Mix in parmigiano. Pour into a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately. Garnish with more cheese if desired.