Try this recipe with a different cooked grain, such as rice, couscous or barley.
Garden Vegetables with Lemon-Scented Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded Lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® frozen Garden Vegetable Medley
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Bell Pepper (cut into 1/2-inch squares)
- 1/2 cup thin strips Red Onion
- Prepare quinoa as directed on package, adding salt to water. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook garden vegetable medley as directed on bag.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cooked garden vegetable medley. Spoon quinoa mixture onto serving platter; top with vegetable mixture.