These finger licking wings are great snack for game day, dinner or even a family picnic. Don't wait, try them now.
Ginger-Garlic Wings with Lebanese Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 2-3 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger (plus 3 tbsp for cleaning chicken)
- 1 pound chicken wings
- For the Marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoon ground ginger (divided)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 3-4 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- For the Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- 2 cups full-fat yogurt (not Greek)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Wings: Begin by cleaning the wings.
- Rub each wing with ground ginger, and run under luke warm water. Pat dry and place in medium bowl, cover with buttermilk and the refrigerator and marinate for up to 2 hours, but no less than 1 hour.
- Remove the wings from bowl and pat dry on paper towel lined plate.
- For the Marinade: In a medium separate bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh minced garlic, ground ginger, honey and salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Meanwhile, rub the remaining 2 teaspoons ground ginger, salt and pepper into the wings.
- Place wings in another clean, larger bowl, and pour the marinade onto them. Make sure to use a bowl shallow and narrow enough to submerge the wings. Marinate for minimum of 4 hours, and up to overnight.
- For the Yogurt Dipping Sauce: Chop the fresh mint and add all spice, cayenne, salt and pepper to the plain yogurt in a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
- Place wings in casserole baking dish to keep them close together, and bake the wings at 400F for 40 minutes up to 1 hour, depending on your oven and how many wings you have. Baste the wings with the marinade from the pan every 15 minutes- this will keep them moist and crispy. This is especially helpful if your baking dish/pan is very shallow and the extra marinade cannot soak through the wings.
- Let cool and serve with yogurt sauce for dipping.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Chicken Wings Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Lunch