There's nothing more refreshing than a margarita on a hot summer day. Try this one at your next summer party.
Ginger Peach Champagne Margarita
- For the Margarita:
- 1 1/2 ounce Silver tequila
- 3/4 ounce Lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Peach schnapps
- 1 ounce Peach puree
- 3/4 ounce Ginger simple syrup
- 2 peaches (sliced)
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup: For the Ginger Simple Syrup: champagne For the Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Large piece of fresh ginger (peeled and sliced into thin rounds)
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup: Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Add ginger and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, and let steep for 1 hour. Pour syrup through a sieve into an airtight container and discard ginger. Refrigerate between uses.
- For the Margarita: Add all ingredients except 4 peach slices and champagne to a shaker with ice. Shake well and pour into salt rimmed margarita glass. Add a splash of champagne to the top of margarita and serve with a slice of peach.
- To make a frozen margarita, puree all of the ingredients (except the champagne) in a blender with ice. Serve if a salt rimmed glass with a peach slice garnish.