Sweet and Spicy Carrots
Mario Batali's Glazed Carrots with Cumin and Honey
- 10 medium to large Carrots (cut into 1/2-inch thick coins)
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds (toasted)
- Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil in a pasta pot, and when it is boiling, add 2 tablespoons salt. Add the carrots and boil until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, garlic, oil, honey, cumin, and salt to taste in a medium pan over low medium-low heat.
- Drain the carrots and transfer them to the pan. Toss to coat and serve warm.