Get this classic Italian dinner on the table in 10 minutes or less.
Gnocchi and 2-Minute Calamari
- 2 1- pound packages Gnocchi
- 4 cups Arugula
- Olive Oil
- 3 Jalapenos (thinly sliced)
- 4 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Basic Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Calamari (cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch rounds)
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Add the gnocchi and stir.
- Add about a cup of arugula to the bottom of a bowl or platter.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add about 1/4 cup of olive oil. Toss in the jalapenos and garlic and season with salt. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes before adding the tomato sauce. Bring up to a simmer and then add the calamari. Season generously with salt and pepper and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes, or just until the calamari is cooked through and tender.
- Once the gnocchi floats, remove from the water and add to the pan. Toss to incorporate and then add about 3 cups of arugula. Taste and adjust seasoniing. Take the pan off the heat and add a drizzle of olive oil and toss to coat. Pour the gnocchi over the arugula and serve while still hot.