Goat Cheese Ravioli
Fill homemade pasta dough with an ultra creamy goat cheese mixture.
- step-by-step directions
Goat Cheese Ravioli
- 1/2 pound Green Pasta
- For the Filling:
- 3 cups fresh soft Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese (grated) plus 1/4 cup to garnish
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- pinch of Nutmeg (grated)
- For the Sauce:
- 6 ounces Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Black Olive Pesto
- 4 tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes (julienne)
- To prepare the pasta, roll out the pasta dough into 4 sheets on the thinnest setting. Take one sheet of fresh green pasta dough and place in a lightly floured cutting board. Cut into 3-inch squares. Cover with a towel.
- For the Filling: Place the goat cheese, 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, olive oil, scallions, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix together until well incorporated. Set aside.
- To assemble the ravioli, place one scant tablespoon filling into each square piece. Fold opposing corners together to for a triangular pillow (remember to gently press out any air between the filling and the pasta dough.) If the pasta is a little dry, moisten the edges with a little water to help it adhere. Be certain to seal the ravioli well on both flat sides or it will burst while cooking. Repeat with the remaining sheets of green pasta. Continue until pasta is all filled. At the half way point, check to be sure that you've used half the filling. If not, adjust the quantity of the filling for the remainder of the pasta.
- Bring six quarts water to boil and add two tablespoons salt.
- For the Sauce: To make the sauce, combine the butter with the black olive pesto and melt over medium heat, cooking until it is just starting to bubble. Add sun dried tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Gently drop the ravioli into boiling water and cook 3 to 4 minutes on a low boil, until the pasta is cooked through. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and place into pan with butter, olive pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Simmer for one minute over low heat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese. Toss everything to coat. Place onto a warm serving platter and serve.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw