A sweet treat perfect for Spring!
Carla Hall's Golden Raisin Scones
- 8 oz Butter (chilled)
- 8 oz Golden Raisins
- 4 cups Flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cream of Tartar
- 2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 4 oz Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Milk
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- For the Honey Butter:
- 1 Lb Butter (softened) broken up into pieces
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar and baking powder together, set aside.
- Cut butter into flour mixture. Add raisins.
- Beat together 2 eggs, 4 ounces of milk, and 4 ounces of heavy cream.
- Gently mix flour mixture, salt, and sugar into the egg and milk mixture just until combined. Do not overmix! On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into a square about 3/4" thick. Use a 1 1/2" cutter to cut out rounds.
- Mix egg yolk and tablespoon of milk to make egg wash for scones.
- Bake scones at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- To make the honey butter, combine the butter, honey and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix until everything is fully incorporated.