Gin with Fennel Infused Syrup
Clinton Kelly's Grapefruit Fennel Spritzer
- 3/4 cup Gin
- 3/4 cup Grapefruit Juice
- 1/4 tablespoon Fennel Simple Syrup
- Club Soda to serve
- wide strips of Grapefruit Zest to garnish
For the Fennel Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Fennel Seeds
- Combine the gin, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup, and stir to combine. Divide among four ice filled glasses and top with club soda. Garnish with grapefruit zest.
For the Fennel Simple Syrup: In a saucepot, combine the sugar, water, and fennel seeds. Bring up over medium heat, and stir to melt sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store for up to one week.
1. You can substitute the gin for vodka, if you prefer. Or, leave out the alcohol entirely for a great mocktail.
2. You can use these flavors to make a delicious grapefruit and fennel tea if you’re in the mood for something hot and soothing. Simply steep the fennel seeds in hot water and add fresh grapefruit juice.